Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Come sit for a spell

As I've explained, I love Halloween. So when Tip Junkie asked for my decorations (well, not specifically ME by name, but just the same I suppose) for "Talk to me Tuesday", I obliged. Check out many others for some fun ideas on her blog. Click here.
So here are my decorations:

I decorate this area above my stairs for each season. Eggs for Easter, hearts for Valentines, etc. I have an antique entry table that I also decorate for each holiday. Click here for the labels.
I love my big witch as my latest addition to the spooky crew.
Over my window and hooks, are my new halloween garlands.
I also love handmade gifts - Susan made this for me:


And Diana surprised me with this last year - it came with impeccable timing as well:

I fell in love with this polka dot candle at Hobby Lobby (in the girls section), and thought I could dress it up for Halloween. I cut out a piece of scrapbook paper and taped it down to a cake stand. Add a fun bow, and voila!

Happy Halloween! I've got to get back to working on costumes!

16 comments:

Katie said...

Cute beyond!

Brooke said...

So fun!
I need to get a little more excited.

Jane said...

Lovin' it! Can I have your mummy guy candy dish I adore? I think I might copy Diana, I love that sign, I need one too. Your house always looks awesome for holidays.

Diana Waite said...

I LOVE your decorations! We have still to get ours up! I'm so glad that the sign found a home! :)

Lorie said...

I love the area above your stairs! And your candy jars! So fun!

scollier said...

Voila! Because it is that easy. It is only that easy for you. This is crazy beyond anything I can do. I love love love it though

Jenny said...

You have the cutest decorations. I think my favorite is your new witch. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah Norton said...

WOW!!!! Just when I think my big spider and spider web are looking cool... I see your blog! :)

ba and the boys said...

visiting from tip junkie...how do you hang your halloween 'balls' above your stairs? that is w great look!

Jeppson Clan said...

I too love the Halloween ornaments, and would be interested in how you hang them and where you got them. Your house looks great!

I'm #32 on tip junkie

Des said...

Never fail to amaze.

Dawn said...

The ornaments are actually Christmas ornaments. I purchased them at Tai Pan here in Utah. I think the orange one is actually considered a fall ornament of some type. I literally thumbtacked them up to the back of the little header I have. I have also thumbtacked things to the ceiling to hang items.

Theresa C said...

Diana sent me over to see all of your cute Halloween decorations! Wow... your house looks like so much fun! :)

Chelsea Van Tol said...

WOW I love how you hung the ornaments.. I saved the pic so I could do this at Christmas.

Daily Jot & Tittle said...

such fun decorations...very cute!

Liz said...

I love your halloween decorations! It's got me in the mood now.