Sunday, March 30, 2008

Dress up dolls

I always thought EVERY mom treated their daughter as a dress up doll - but from the children I see everywhere - apparently not. Well, I have fun with it anyway. Who knows? These could be my only two girls.

So, when trying to decide which dresses to get for Easter Sunday, I couldn't decide. So I took both! Because of this, that and the other, I only paid for 1 dress, so it's not like I broke the bank!

So today was like Easter Sunday part II. I even put more effort into Reed's outfit today. He actually wore shoes to church.

After church Bella told me that a little boy in his class asked her why her dress was so big. She said, "I don't know, it's just big." And he commented again that it sure was big. It was pretty funny. They remind me of flower girl dresses - if anyone's gettin' hitched and needs some flower girls, you'd better call before they outgrow them!

8 comments:

Marci Coombs said...

Are you kidding...if I EVER have a girl...they will be dressed up left and right. That is one of the reasons I WANT a girl....how fun! They look darling!

scollier said...

They look soooo adorable. That is it next time I am sending my sisters to the dress party or you are going to have to email me pictures or just pick them out for me because I am totally jealous. I look forward to Easter for the dresses and it just wasn't the same this year. Besides the way things are going I am only going to have girls. You know what that means lots of dresses and even more bows! I love dressing up my girls.

Jane said...

Love those pictures. Your girls are ALWAYS picture perfect.

Brooke said...

How cute! The dresses and the kids. I love all the fun bows.
I wish I could have made it to the dress party.

Carrigan Clan said...

I LOVE your girls' big dresses!

Amy said...

You should definitely save the dresses for the kids' kids. Those are so cute. It makes me miss my girls being young. They don't want their mommy to dress them anymore. :( And I have to be really careful about "suggestions" because they take them as me being critical. Once in awhile, they still ask me to do their hair.... oh well- I can't have it both ways. You have cute little girls and I have babysitters. Maybe we could just trade for a day or two!

Katie said...

It's a question that puzzles me too. Maybe if everyone's girls were THAT CUTE, maybe that would be used as dress up dolls too...

Anonymous said...

I know the girls are darling, but how cute and coordinated is Reed?! He looks fabulous with his sisters! Love that little sweater!
- DeLyn