Monday, March 17, 2008

My fabulous birthday weekend!

I do believe I LOVE my birthday on Monday! That means the party starts on Friday and last all weekend!
Friday Jeff came home at lunch and gave me some money and the rest of the day off! I left about 1:00 p.m. and came home at 1:00 a.m. - it was great!!
I started my adventure by going to Lunatic Fringe to get my hair cut, which I love! My favorite thing is to be able to tell the stylist - "Do whatever you want (within reason of course!)" And that's what I have been able to do with this stylist the last couple of times I've been there.
Then I drove to Spanish Fork to meet Amy. We became fast friends the summer before 3rd grade, and have kept in touch ever since. We were inseparable for years and still love getting together.
We went to this little spa the Primrose Retreat, and had "Ice Cream Pedicures". It was so much fun, and the ice cream was delicious! All the lotions, scrubs, and foot soak were ice cream and toppings flavors. Chocolate, Vanilla, Caramel, etc. We loved it!
The party continued when we went to Pizzeria 712 for dinner - it was delicious! Very yummy menu for those of you that live around here.
We did a little shopping and then went to PF Chang's for dessert. I'd never had dessert there before because I'm usually so full from dinner that I always pass. It was great.
All in all, a very fun and relaxing little getaway!

Yesterday we had a birthday dinner at Susan's house. She made Chicken Parmesan which was divine! It was fun to celebrate it with Susan, Jane, and our families.

Thanks to everyone for the many e-mails, phone calls & cards! I can't believe I'm 35!

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday Dawn.
You share birthdays with Reed's dad too.

Katie said...

Happy Birthday!! I love LOVE your hair! Lunatic Fringe is for sure on my list of things to love about Utah.

Maryann said...

Happy Birthday Dawn! Sounds like a fun weekend!

Janell said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm glad you were born! :)
-jd

Diana Waite said...

Love ya! Welcome to the world of 35year olds!

Amy said...

You're old!

Thanks for sharing your b-day with me! I'll think I'll have to return the favor and take you out in my red corvette! Of course, I won't be 35 for ages.....

So you realize that we've known each other almost 30 years! That's crazy!

Glad you had a good birthday weekend and I don't say this enough but I'm so glad that you moved to Utah! I'm enjoying us being able to hang out. What's our April adventure? I'm up for a new restaurant. It will help me with my new goal of loving food!