Friday, March 28, 2008

A New Version of a Classic

Breaking News!

Did you know that as of just THIS MORNING there is a new version of the Primary song "Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam"?
It goes something like this:

Jesus wants you to eat your cereal
And eat it everyday
It will make you strong and healthy
And not cranky all day

Your cereal, your cereal
Jesus wants you to eat your cereal
Your cereal, your cereal
Please eat your cereal all gone

I am sure that Jesus wants Sofie to eat. The great thing is that this can be adapted to most any meal - insert "sandwich", "dinner", "apples", etc.
No, I don't typically compose music, it just comes out of neccesity. I also don't perform in public. Although if you wanted to submit it to the American Idol contest for new songs, David Archuleta could do a smashing job with it I'm sure!

4 comments:

Des said...

Clever Dawn! You really crack me up!

Janell said...

That's FUNNY! Jesus probably wants you to go potty on the toilet, too, but I think that song would cause some raised eyebrows in Primary!! Ha-ha!! :)
-jd

Anonymous said...

Hilarious song! Even more hilarious almost-one-year-old getting into everything. I can't wait to scrunch his cuteness!!!!
-Aileen

scollier said...

I love it. Thanks for the laugh. I may have to try this.