Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sing a little song

Don't you sometimes wish that life would be a musical? When the girls and I clean, we put on the "Enchanted" CD, and start looking for the cochroaches and rats to come to our rescue.

This morning when I was trying to sleep in, I could hear Bella talking to Jeff in a whiny/bratty voice (which doesn't come out TOO often!). It would have gone over better, with me anyway, had she burst into Veruca Salt's song from "Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory".

After Bella would sing her snappy little song "I want the world, I want the whole world!", I would turn and say "No, I don't think so. Run along and play now."

Maybe we would all have great singing voices if the world were like that. It would be quite entertaining anyway!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Dawn,
I am so surprised that your kids don't sing while happily doing their chores----that's what Jeff always did.

Jane said...

That would be rather entertaining. And rather weird, and I would be much happier if my kids sang beautiful songs when they did chores and needed things.

Katie said...

Well, I never thought of it that way. I'm in your camp!

Des said...

Dear Dawn,
I would like to be best friends...(miss talented hobby lady)!
Love, Des

P.S.
It was so nice to see you last week!