Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Looking forward to Summer!

Here at the Foutz household, we cannot think of anything better than SUMMER!!
Just last night we purchased a membership at our local Rec Center. We are so excited. Not only do they have a very fun indoor pool (above)- complete with a lazy river and a big tube slide, but they have fabulous outdoor pools as well. (below).












I took the girls swimming for a little bit last night (indoors) and they had a ball. It is next door to the Olympic Ice Arena (which is included in our membership), and has a couple of Olympic Size swimming pools in addition to the one pictured above. Bella will do swimming lessons in a week or two, so hopefully she'll pick it up quick. I can't take 3 non-swimmers to the pool by myself!

Also on our summer fun schedule are the summer movies. We bought our tickets today. Every summer there's a movie or two the moms have to suffer through, but the kids absolutely love it. It's every Wednesday at our local theater (10 minutes away). 10 movies, 1 each week, for $5 per person. A great deal!

We also now have a pass to "Discovery Gateway", our local Children's Museum and Science Center. It is so much fun and we look forward to attending over the next year. Since Bella will be going to school downtown, I think Sofie, Reed and I will be using it quite a bit!

4 comments:

scollier said...

I get to come to Utah. Plans changed and I just booked tickets for June 7th! YEAH!!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I will fly home July 9th. I can't wait to see you. I haven't told Malia yet because she asks me all the time already when she gets to see Bella and "Sopie". Talk with you soon.

Jane said...

We hope to join you on much of the fun, let it begin!

Carrigan Clan said...

Yeah for summer!

Katie said...

And don't forget a July visit from their FAVORITE aunt!! =)