Friday, September 19, 2008

Bella's nightmare

About a year ago Bella woke up in the morning crying. I asked her if she had a bad dream. She told me no, that it was a nightmare. Then when I asked what it was about she said, "I can't tell you, it's just too sad."

After coaxing it out of her, she said, "there was this mean boy, and he did something really bad to me."
Mom: "What did he do to you" (while holding my breath).
Bella: "Do you know that plastic stuff that you put on paper?"
Mom: "you mean lamination?"
Bella: "yes, well, he put it all over my blankie!"

So while I'm trying so hard not to laugh, I realize that her worst nightmare is for someone to make something that is so cozy(used to be, before all the love it's received through the years) and made it untouchable by laminating it!

4 comments:

Jane said...

This is my ALL TIME favorite nightmare storey. Ever. Of all time.

Diana Waite said...

this is awesome! Cracks me up...sounds like something I would dream.....

Des said...

Alex's nightmare would probably have to do with her blanket too...but, it would probably be about me putting it in the wash machine!

Brooke said...

I have wondered what my kids were having bad dreams about when they were too young to communicate. I will now reassure them that all is well by showing them their blanket is still there and still soft. :)