Thursday, July 24, 2008

Orr Family Reunion 2008

The reason we went to South Dakota was for my dad's family reunion. He is one of 6 children, and they were all in attendance. There were a total of 115 of us in attendance. There were lots of great activites, food, and conversations with cousins and aunts and uncles. We had a great time.
Here are the "ORRiginal Orrs. From left to right: Dean, Duane (my dad), Vel, Jay, Ora Lee, and Larry.We had a photo shoot one morning and every family had a different color reunion shirt. Our's was light blue. Here's Mom with Jane, Sofie & Bella.
There were 7 out of the 10 kids in attendance from my immediate family. It was great to see everyone and spend time together. I just hope it's not another 14 years before we have another reunion for my dad's family!

If you haven't been to the "Black Hills", you need to put it on your "bucket list". It is such dense beautiful forest and the it's amazing what unadulterated air smells like. We had fabulous accommodations is a "cabin" that was more of a luxury home, including a hot tub and playhouse for the kids in back. There was a golf course on the property, as well as a lake for fishing. Jeff enjoyed running and fishing in the mornings. (I enjoyed sleeping in!)


As my brother-in-law Mike put it, the Orr's are famous for playing hard all day, and staying up all night. We did not go to bed until 2 or 3 every morning because we love to talk, laugh and reminisce. This would be why I've been SO tired since returning home.

0 comments: