Monday, February 11, 2008

Extreme Makeover - Foutz Edition

Every once in a while, we ALL need a makeover of sorts. A new haircut, a new outfit, a new car, etc. I got tired of seeing this entertainment center (Yes, it was a hand-me-down). And of course, as is generally the case, the money just wasn't in the budget for a new one. So, I gave it an overhaul. I must give a HUGE thankyou to Aaron for his assistance with the moulding and the use of his power tools - I couldn't have done it without them!

You know how whenever you see a makeover on Oprah or whatever - the person always looks like they haven't slept in days or they have no makeup and terrible clothes? And then afterwards they look like they are on their way to the Oscars? That's how I had to stage my entertainment center's before and after photos!







5 comments:

Jane said...

I love it! You have a much better vision than I do. Even our stocking boards I couldn't picture, but I LOVE how it turned out, I get so many compliments on it. I love having all your brilliant ideas so close at hand, you can ever leave Utah and these winters. Love you blog by the way.

Katie said...

Dawn!! I didn't know you had a blog!! Where has it BEEN all my life?? (I guess when you look like Angelina Jolie, you have much grander priorities than notifying me of these things). The entertainment center is U*N*B*E*L*I*E*V*A*B*L*E!!!!!!!!! Seriously, T*O D*I*E F*O*R!!!!!!

Stacia said...

I'm so glad you decided to finally blog! I love to see what's going on with you and yours. I miss you guys! What a makeover on the entertainment center! Way to go!

scollier said...

I always refer to you as my friend who can do anything and this just goes to prove how true that statement is. When are you coming to do my house? It is adorable!!!!

Amy said...

It turned out so cute! Good Job! And I love your blog.